Disclaimer: File My Visa is a private company, and we are not affiliated with any United States government-based agencies. We are not a law firm, we do NOT provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. We suggest for you to get yourself an independent, licensed immigration attorney. We are solely a private company providing self-help services at your direction with the information that you provide. File My Visa does not approves nor disapproves any documents for any government agencies. ***NOTE !! English language supersedes any translated language. PLEASE READ YOUR QUESTIONS CAREFULLY

File N-565 and Get a Replacement Citizenship Certificate in Minutes

0 mintues read

0 min

About Replacement Certificate of Citizenship

Form N-565, Application for Replacement Citizenship/Naturalization Document, is filed to get a Replacement Certificate of Citizenship if the document is lost, destroyed, stolen or mutilated
According to USCIS, this form can also be filed to get a
  1. Replacement Declaration of Intention
  2. Naturalization Document
  3. Repatriation Certificate
  4. Special Naturalization certificate to prove U.S. citizenship in a foreign country.

Eligibility to Apply for Replacement Certificate of Citizenship

U.S. citizens who are in need of a Replacement Naturalization Document may file Form N-565 with USCIS. An applicant can file a replacement petition if his/her case meets any of the following situations:

  1. The original certificate has been lost, stolen, destroyed or mutilated
  2. The certificate contains clerical or typographical errors committed by USCIS
  3. Name has been changed legally by marriage or by court order
  4. Wants to officially update the document to properly showcase gender identity
  5. DOB has been legally changed
  6. Need a special naturalization certificate to obtain recognition as a U.S citizen by a foreign country.

Required Documents to Apply for Replacement Certificate of Citizenship

Typically, the replacement certificate of citizenship applicants will need to submit the following supporting documents along with the Form N-565 application. If applying to get a lost, stolen or damaged document replaced, (s)he'll need to attachIf applying to get a replacement because of USCIS errors, (s)he'll need to attach. If applying to get a replacement because the name, date of birth, or gender has changed legally, (s)he'll need to attach

  1. Two copies of passport-style photographs
  2. A copy of the original certificate or the damaged one
  3. A police report or sworn statement if applying to get the lost, stolen or damaged document replaced
  4. Two copies of passport-style photographs
  5. Original certificate with the misspelt or incorrect information
  6. Evidence of the USCIS clerical or typographical error.
  7. Two copies of passport-style photographs
  8. The original certificate containing the previous name, date of birth, or gender
  9. Any official document that proves the legal change in name, date of birth, or gender

5 Easy Steps Toward U.S. Immigration

FileMyVisa VS Competitors
Grab the Best Deal at Cheapest Rate
100+ Languages Yes No No
Voiceover Support Yes No No
Fill First Pay Later Yes Yes No
Money Back Guarantee Yes Yes No
24/7 Customer Support Yes No No

Note that: The price mentioned above does not include the standard government fees paid directly to USCIS.

Frequently Asked Questions

File My Visa's processing fee for Form N-565 is only $87, and the USCIS filing fee for the N-565 is $555.

Attach a check or money order to your N-565 application with the appropriate fee. You can also pay the application fee via credit card using form G-1450.

After filing Form N-565, Replace Certificate of Citizenship application processing time can take anywhere from 5 to 8 months.

If you lack any required document, you have to attach a valid written explanation of the reason(s) why the particular required document is not there and submit-secondary evidence to be eligible for the replacement certificate.

Yes! Besides applying through the mail, USCIS facilitates you to file N-565 through its online platform.

Yes. You can File Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver, to obtain a fee waiver on the N-565 application.

Free Consultation Hour is Available
Mon-Fri from 10am to 6pm
Time in Florida,
Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) - UTC−04:00

No More Green Card Renewal, be a U.S. Citizen Today

Start Now

Nonimmigrant? You’re Halfway There to be a Permanent Resident

Start Now

No More Green Card Renewal, be a U.S. Citizen Today

Start Now